BSW(Sydney), MA(Soc Pol)Merit(Sydney)
PL1 Unit of Study Coordinator
Social work and social policy
- Violence against women and children
- The PATRICIA Project: PAThways in Research In Collaborative Inter-Agency working
- How are decisions made in Children's Court care matters and what are the outcomes for children? Chief Investigator: Professor Judy Cashmore, Sydney Law School.
- Laing, L., Irwin, J, & Toivonen, C. (2012). Across the Divide: Using research to enhance collaboration between mental health and domestic violence services. Australian Social Work, 65(1), 120–135.
- Laing,L., Irwin, J., and Toivonen, C . (2010). Women’s Stories of Collaboration Between Domestic Violence and Mental Health Services. Communities, Children and Families, 5(2), 16–28.
- Toivonen, C. & WFGU Research Team. (2015). Working From the Ground Up: Key Learnings Report. , Sydney: University of Sydney and University of New South Wales..
- Alexandra Young, Eileen Baldry, Susan Goodwin, Jude Irwin, Alison Wannan, Maxine Ryan, Cherie Toivonen and Thor Blomﬁeld. (2013). Working Together: Participatory Approaches to Community Development in Social Housing Neighbourhoods, Housing Works, July 2013, .
- Working From the Ground Up. (2012). Report of phase two: Developing and trialling initiatives. , Sydney: University of Sydney and University of New South Wales..
- Laing, L. and Toivonen, C. (2012). Evaluation of the Green Valley Liverpool Domestic Violence Service: Walking with Women on their Journey away from Violence, .
- Laing, L., Toivonen, C., Irwin, J., & Napier, L. (2010). "They Never Asked Me Anything About That”: The Stories of Women who Experience Domestic Violence and Mental Health Concerns/Illness, .
- Laing, Lesley Toivonen, Cherie. (2010). Bridging the Gap: Evaluation of the Domestic Violence And Mental Health Pilot Project -Joan Harrison Support Services For Women, .
- Working From the Ground Up. . (2010). Report of phase one: Engaging community. , Sydney: University of Sydney and University of New South Wales..
- Laing, L. Irwin, J. & Kennaugh, C. (2005). Evaluation of the Green Valley Domestic Violence Service, Sydney: Consultancy Report for South Western Sydney Area Health Service, .