BA(Macquarie), MMgmt(ACU), MHigherEd(Macquarie)
Project Manager, Learning and Teaching
PhD Candidate (Sydney)
Phone: +61 2 9351 6243
Fax: +61 2 9351 2606
Educational history, sociology and philosophy
- Sociology of education
Educational systems: administration, management and leadership
- Higher education
Social structures, inequalities and social justice
- Social change
- PhD Thesis (in progress, working title): An examination of Australian higher education policy and social inclusion
- Recent Projects:
- Masters Thesis: An investigation of the socio-cultural experience of first-in-family students in an Australian research-intensive university.
- Chambers, B. An inclusive research approach to inclusivity. AQR Conference, 2-5 November 2013, Victoria University, Melbourne.
- Funded Widening Participation Grant: Investigating inclusion and exclusion and reasons for student attrition in first year at University Chambers, B., Anderson, J., Waugh, F. and Markauskaite, L. Related publications:
- Chambers, B., Anderson, J., Waugh, F., Markauskaite L. (2012) Investigating inclusion and exclusion and reasons for student attrition in first year at University. Refereed abstract and presentation. AARE-APERA 2012, 2-6 December, The University of Sydney, Sydney.
- Funded Teaching Inquiry Grant(2011): Di Bloomfield, Ros Giles, Fran Waugh, Wayne Cotton, Lina Markauskaite, Belinda Chambers, James Goulding. Development of an effective and sustainable system of evaluation for all professional experience (teacher education) and fieldwork (social work) units of study in order to improve the student experience and review teaching practice.
- Funded Widening Participation Grant: Introduction of a Study Hall to enhance academic and social outcomes for first year students. J. Barrett, B. Chambers, P. Lead and F. Waugh.
- Funded Learning and Teaching Grant: Developing an online transition resource to enhance the student experience and linking this with best practice in teaching. Chambers, B., Waugh, F., Loughland, A. Related publication:
- Chambers, B., Waugh, F. and Barnes, J. (2012). Using the student perspective to enhance student transition resources. (Nuts and Bolts Paper - refereed). 15th International First Year Higher Education Conference., 26-29 June, Brisbane.
- Funded ALTC Priority Project: Authentic assessment in practice settings: a participatory design approach ($219,000). P. Reimann, D. Bloomfield, F. Waugh, R. Giles, B. Chambers (USyd), S. White (Monash), W. Bowles (CSU). Related publications:
- Bloomfield, D., Chambers, B., Egan, S., Goulding, J., Reimann, P., Waugh, F. and White, S. (2013). Authentic assessment in practice settings: A participatory design approach, Final Report. Lead Institution: Office of Learning and Teaching: Australia. ISBN: ISBN: 978-1-922218-00-1 [PRINT] and ISBN: 978-1-922125-04-0 [WEB]
- Reimann, P., Waugh, F., Bloomfield, D., Giles, R., Chambers, B., Wong, W., Bowles, W., White, S., Goulding, J. & Egan, S. (2011). Authentic assessment of pre-service teachers and social work students in schools and human service settings , Paper presented at ATN Assessment Conference on Meeting the Challenges, Curtin University, Perth, 20-21 October
- Reimann, P., Waugh, F., Bloomfield, D., Giles, R., Chambers, B., Wong, W., Bowles, W., White, S., Goulding, J. & Egan, S. (2011). Assessing the practicum: Eliciting cases and design patterns. Poster presented at, ATN Assessment Conference: Meeting the Challenges Curtin University, Perth, 20-21 October, 2011.
- Other projects:
- Chambers, B., Jones, M., Nisbet, G., and Dean, C. An investigation of the interprofessional learning (IPL) experiences of graduate entry masters (GEM) project group members in the Faculty of Health Sciences, The University of Sydney. Unfunded research
- McGregor, D., Hobbs, C., Nisbet, G., Chambers, B., Jones, M. Early interprofessional socialisation – Breaking down professional stereotypes to achieve better interprofessional practice. Refereed abstract (and workshop) at ANZAME: Annual Conference, 10-13 July 2008, Law Building, UNSW.
- Chambers, B., Jones, M.K. and Dawson, A. Enhancing Indigenous health capability in professional entry masters graduates through curriculum development. Refereed abstract and poster presentation at 2nd CRIAH Conference, 29-30 April 2008, Dockside, Darling Harbour, Sydney.
- Jones, M.K and Chambers B.E.A.. Enriching GEMs through a focus on IPL, Research, Internationalisation and Indigenous Health. Refereed abstract and presentation at EdHealth Conference, 15-16 November 2007, Terrigal.