Dr Gloria Latham
Honorary Senior Lecturer
Phone: +61 2 9351
Fax: +61 2 9351 2606
Lecturer of the Year Finalist, Unijobs, 2009
ALTC Award, 2009
RMIT Research Innovation Award, 2002
FELCS (College) Teaching Award, 2002
RMIT Teaching Award, 2002
RMIT Quality Award, 2000
Candidate for Australian University Teaching Awards, 1999
Professional and community roles
Senior Lecturer in Literacy, RMIT, Melbourne
- Lathner Primary School is a Virtual School created in 2003 and updated regularly. It is a school with 21st Century ideas. It is also a school that attempts to disrupt normative practices. There are Teaching Resources as an additional resource attached to the school. Parents, Teachers, Students and Scholars continue to contribute. Visit: https://www.dlsweb.rmit.edu.au/education/lathnervirtualschool/index.htm Password: Explore
- Online Collaboration between pre-service teachers at the University of Sydney, University of Queensland and RMIT University using Edmodo to discuss critical incidents in teaching and learning.
- Kennedy, I., Latham, G. & Jacinto, H. (2016). Education skills for 21st century teachers: Voices from a global online educators’ forum. Switzerland: Springer.
- Latham, G. (2012). Creating tension: Orchestrating disruptive pedagogies in a virtual school environment. In J. Faulkner (Ed.), Disrupting Pedagogies in the Knowledge Society: Countering Conservative Norms with Creative Approaches (pp. 256–266), UK: IGI Publishing.
- Latham, G. & Faulkner, J. (2010). A virtual school for rethinking learning. In D. Cole & D. Pullen (Ed.), Multiliteracies in motion (pp. 239–255), UK: Routledge.
- Latham, G. & Faulkner J. (2009). Finding our way while leading the way. In J Yamamoto (Ed.), In Technology Leadership in Teacher Education: Integrated Solutions and Experiences (pp. 144–153), USA: IGI Publishing.
- Peters, J., Latham, G., Ragland, D., Donaghy, RC. (2008). Three Cultures of Teaching and Learning: Dialoguing across Continents. In J. Reischmann & M. Bron Jr. (Ed.), Comparative Adult Education 2008 (pp. 115–250), New York: Peter Lang.
- Faulkner, J. & Latham, G. (2016). Adventurous lives: Teacher qualities for 21st century learning. Australian Journal of Teacher Education, 41(4), 137–150. DOI:10.14221/ajte.2016v41n4.9
- Latham, G. & Carr, N. (2015). Building on authentic learning for pre-service teachers in a technology-rich environment. Journal of Learning Design, 8(3), 65–77.
- Latham, G. and Faulkner, J. (2013). Teachers of Reading: Where new narratives in the virtual inform practice. Australian Journal of Language and Literacy.
- Latham, G. (2013). The responsive reading teacher. Australian Journal of Teacher Education, 38(8), 62–72. DOI:10.14221/ajte.2013v38n8.3
- Faulkner, J. and Latham G. (2013). Disturbing stories: Literature as pedagogical disruption . English in Education, 47(2), 102–117. DOI:10.1111/eie.12010
- Latham, G. & Carr, N. (2012). Authentic learning for pre-service teachers in a technology-rich environment. Journal of Learning Design, 5(1), 32–42.
- Latham, G. (2009). The third reader: Driving curiosity. Literacy learning in the Middle Years, 17(2), 54–61.
- Latham, G. (2004). The resonance of children: Educating the educator. Australian.
- Latham, G. (2004). The bookcase at the end of the thesis: Examining a literature review. Journal of Educational Enquiry, 5(2), 105–115.
- Latham, G. (1997). When thoughts sing: The poetic voice in literacy learning. Forum of Education. Journal of Language and Literacy, 26(2), 43–53.
- Latham, G. (1996). Collaborative theory building in pre service teacher education. The Australian Journal of Teacher Education, 21(2), 43–47.
- Latham, G. (1996). Practical strategies for teaching and learning in small groups. Literacy ilearning: Secondary thoughts, 4(1), i–viii.
- Latham, G. (1996). Fostering and preserving wonderment. The Australian Journal of Teacher Education, 21(1), 12–15.
- Latham, G. (1994). A Meeting of Minds. The Australian Journal ojTeacher Education, 2, 35–39.