Dr Matra Robertson
MSW(Sydney), PhD(Sydney), BSocSc(Sydney)
Phone: +61 2 9351
Fax: +61 2 9351 5027
Highly Commended for clinical Research-Allied Health, by the St Vincent's Clinic Foundation, St Vincent's Hospital, 2010
University of Sydney Postgraduate Award, 2009
Ogilvie Palliative Care Bequest, University of Sydney, 2008
Professional and community roles
Clinical Specialist, Community Palliative Care Social Work, Sacred Heart Palliative Care Service, St Vincent's Hospital, Sydney
- Robertson, M. (1992). Starving in the Silences. Sydney: New York University Press, University College London and Allen & Unwin.
- Robertson, M. (in press). Experiences of time: A qualitative inquiry into experiences of time as described by palliative care inpatients. Palliative & Supportive Care. DOI:10.1017/S1478951513000886
- Robertson, M. (2010). Book Review: 'Social Work in End-of-Life and Palliative Care', By Margaret Reith and Malcolm Payne. International Journal of Social Welfare, 19(1), 124–125.
- Robertson, M. (2009). Listening: A psychosocial intervention in an end of life case of trauma and emotion in a residential care facility. Journal of Social Work in End-Of-Life and Palliative Care, 4(3), 214–228.
- Robertson, M. (2008). Suicidal ideation in the Palliative Care Patient: Considerations for Health Care Practise. Australian Social Work, The Journal of the Australian Association of Social Workers, 61(2), 150–167.
- Robertson, M. (2011). Researching the experience of emotion for people using palliative health care. In Death Down Under.
- Robertson, M. (2010). Challenging Talk. In 18th International Congress on Palliative Care. Montreal, Canada, 2010.
- Robertson, M. (2009). Researching emotions of hope/hopelessness in palliative care. In 9th International Conference on 'The Social Context of Death, Dying and Disposal'. University of Durham, United Kingdom, 2009.