Professor John Evans
Honorary Associate Professor
Phone: +61 2 9351
Fax: +61 2 9351 5027
2011 Teaching Excellence Award
2013 Teaching Excellence Award Koori Centre Team
- Evans, J. (2012). Specificity and cognitive demand: Beating a path to Game Centred Coaching in rugby. University of Sydney Papers in Human Movement, Health and Coach Education, 1, 85–94.
- Evans, J. (2012). Elite rugby union coaches' interpretation and use of Game Sense in New Zealand. Asian Journal of Exercise and Sports Science, 9(1), 85–97.
- Evans, J., Forsyth, C. & Thorpe, K. (2010). "I don't like reading things online": Students' views about online versus hard copy access of course materials. Synergy, 30, 33–40.
- Evans, J. & Light, R. (2010). The impact of Game Sense on Australian rugby coaches' practice: A question of pedagogy. Physical Education and Sport Pedagogy, 15(2), 103–115.
- Evans, J. & Light, R. (2008). Coach development through Collaborative Action Research: A rugby coach's implementation of Game Sense pedagogy. Asian Journal of Exercise and Sports Science, 5(1), 31–37.
- Evans, J. (2006). Elite level rugby coaches interpretation and use of game sense. Asian Journal of Exercise and Sports Science, 3(1), 17–24.
- Evans, J. (2007). Developing a sense of the game: Skill, specificity and Game Sense in rugby coaching. In R. Light Proceedings of the Asia Pacific Conference on Teaching Sport and Physical Education for Understanding 2006 (pp. 18–29). University of Sydney, 14-15 Dec 2006.
- Evans, J. (2006). Capturing the Essence of Rugby through Game Sense. In R. Liu, C. Li & R. Crutz Teaching Games for Understanding in the Asia-Pacific Region 2006 (pp. 76–84). Hong Kong, December 2005.