Professor Ann Brewer
BA(Macquarie), MCom(Honours)(UNSW), PhD(UNSW)
Dean of Professional and Continuing Education
Chief Executive Officer of Centre for Continuing Education and Sydney Learning
Phone: 02 9199 8064
Fax: 02 8999 9618
Building.Room: Darling Building.L03F
Professor Ann Brewer is the Dean and Chief Executive Officer for the Centre for Continuing Education and Sydney Learning Pty. Ltd.
She has published in leading international journals in her field and authored eight books on leadership, coaching and mentoring, organisational change, supply chain management, business management and employee commitment and is also an accredited executive coach.
Professor Brewer has extensive experience in strategic planning and management, quality assurance, risk management, leadership, staff development and coaching.
- Brewer, A. (2013). Leadership, coaching and followership: an important equation. New York: Springer.
- Brewer, A. M., Button, K. J. & Hensher, D. A. (Eds.). (2001). Handbook of logistics and supply-chain management. Amsterdam: Pergamon.
- Hensher, D. A. & Brewer, A. M. (2000). Transport : an economics and management perspective. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Brewer, A.M. (2015). Innovation for the future of lifelong learning: safeguarding the next generation.. In Shannon, D.W. and Wiltenburg, R. (Eds.), Centennial Conversations: Essential Essays Professional, Continuing, and Online Education. (1st ed., Vol. 1915-201, pp. 37–48), Washington, D.C.: UPCEA.
- Brewer, A. M. (2012). Positive mentoring relationships: nurturing potential. In Sue Roffey (Ed.), Positive relationships: evidence based practice across the World (pp. 197–214), New York: Springer.
- Brewer, A. M. (2006). Quality assurance at the University of Sydney. In Jeanette Baird (Ed.), Quality frameworks: reflections from Australian Universities. AUQA Occasional Publications Number 9 (pp. 71–79), Victoria, Australia: Australian Universities Quality Agency.
- Brewer, A. M. & Walker, I. (2011). Risk management in a university environment . Journal of business continuity and emergency planning, 5(2), 161–172.
- Brewer, A. M. & Zhao, J. (2010). The impact of a pathway college on reputation and brand awareness for its affiliated University in Sydney. International journal of educational management, 24(1), 34–47. DOI:10.1108/09513541011013033
- Brewer, A. M. (2008). Integrating alternative educational pathways: challenges and issues. Continuing higher education review, 72(Fall), 57–73.
- Hensher, D. A. & Brewer, A. M. . (2002). Going for gold at the Sydney Olympics: How did transport perform? . Transport reviews, 22(4), 381–399. DOI:10.1080/01441640110121112
- Hensher, D. A. & Brewer, A. M. (2001). Developing a freight strategy: the use of a collaborative learning process to secure stakeholder input. Transport policy, 8, 1–10.
- Brewer, A. M. & Hensher, D. A. (2001). Identifying the overarching logistics strategy of business processes: an eploratory analysis. International journal of logistics: research and applications, 4(1), 1–41.
- Brewer, A. M. & Hensher, D. A. (2000). Distributed work and travel behaviour: the dynamics of interactive agency choices between employers and employees . Transportation, 27(1), 117–148. DOI:10.1023/A:1005248429131
- Brewer, A. M. (2000). Work design for flexible work scheduling: barriers and gender implications . Gender, work and organization, 7(1), 33–44. DOI:10.1111/1468-0432.00091
- Brewer, A. M. (2000). Road rage: what, who, when, where and how?. Transport reviews, 20(1), 49–64. DOI:10.1080/014416400295338
- Brewer, A.M. (in press). A Community Project as a Prototype of a Learning Society for Adult Lifelong Learning – Planning for Change - Presentation. In
- Brewer A.M. (2014). Is school leadership safeguarding the next generation? Presentation. In A Child's World – Next Steps International Conference A Child's World. Aberystwyth University, Penglais Campus, Aberystwyth, Wales, UK., 25-27th June 2014 .
- Brewer, A. M. & Walker, I. (2010). Risk management in a university environment. In Proceedings of the Australian Quality Forum: higher education AuQF 2010 - "Quality in uncertain times" (pp. 19–27). Gold Coast, Australia, 30 June - 2 July 2010.
- Brewer, A. M. & Arnold, R. (2009). Strategies for change at the University of Sydney CCE: implications for the Canadian Association for University Continuing Education. In Proceedings of CAUCE 2009: 56th annual conference of the Canadian Association for University Continuing Education (CAUCE) (pp. 1–14). Vancouver, 20-23 May 2009.
- Brewer, A. M. . (2008). Equity strategies in higher education: ways to improve the participation and success of under-represented students. In Group of Eight (Go8) - Forum on higher education and social inclusion. University of Melbourne, 16 July 2008.
- Brewer, A. M. (2001). Work related travel activity and the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games: a longitudinal study of commuters coping strategies. In World congress of transport researchers. Seoul, Korea, 2001.
- Brewer, A. M. & Hensher, D. A. (2001). The impact of staging a major event on commuters’ work and travel behaviour: the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games. In Australian transport research forum. Perth, 2001.
- Brewer, A. M. (2000). Organisational logistics as a mode of organising. In Logistics research network annual conference 2000. Lean Enterprise Research Centre, Cardiff University, September, 2000.
- Brewer, A. M. (2011). Training modules, Commissioned for the Australian Organ and Tissue Donation & Transplantation Authority (March – October 2011).
- Grant, D., Wailes, G., Michelson, G., Brewer. A. M.& Hall, R. (2002). Rethinking organizational change (Editorial) , Strategic change, 11(5), 237–242.
- Brewer, A. M. (2000). Development of Terms of Reference for Restructuring Project, Travel Compensation Fund, Pitt Street, Sydney (September 2000).
- Brewer, A. M. (2000). Review of Strategic Performance of the Travel Compensation Fund, Travel Compensation Fund, Pitt Street Sydney (May 2000).
- Brewer, A. M. & Hensher, D. A. (2000). Work Related Travel Activity and the Sydney Olympics: Coping Strategies and Market Targeting: A longitudinal survey, Olympics Road Transport Authority (February - October 2000) .