Professor Barbara Holland
Phone: +61 2 9036 6377
Fax: +61 2 9351
organizational change, community engagement, engaged teaching strategies, higher education-school partnerships
Research Achievement Award, International Association for Research on Service-Learning and Community Engagement, 2006
Honorary Fellow, Australian Universities Community Engagement Alliance, 2008
Professional and community roles
Executive Editor, Metropolitan Universities
Senior Scholar, Center for Service and Learning, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis
Professor, Hatfield School of Government, Portland State University
Associate Editor, Michigan Journal of Community Service Learning
Board Chair, International Association for Research on Service-Learning and Community Engagement
- Keshen, J., Holland, B., and Moeley, B. (Editors). (2010). Advances in Service-Learning: Research for What?. Charlotte, North Carolina: Information Age Publishing.
- Moeley, B., Billig, S., and Holland, B. (2009). Creating our Identities in Service-Learning and Community Engagement.. Charlotte, North Carolina: Information Age Publishing.
- Gelmon, S., Holland, B., Driscoll, A., Kerrigan, S., and Spring, A. (2001). Assessing Service-Learning and Civic Engagement. Providence, Rhode Island: Campus Compact.
- Furco, A. and Holland, B. . (2011). "Using Organizational Change Theory to Assess Institutionalization of Service-Learning and Community Engagement." . In Clayton, P., Bringle, R., and Hatcher, J. (Eds.), Research on Service Learning: Conceptual Frameworks and Assessment Herndon, VA: Stylus Publishing.
- Holland, B. (2009). Will it Last? Evidence of Institutionalization at Carnegie Classified Community Engagement Institutions.. In Sandmann, L., Thornton, C., and Jaeger, A. (Eds.), The Carnegie Classification of Community Engaged Institutions: Findings from the First Wave.0 San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass/Wiley Publishing.
- Lee, G., McGuiggan, R., and Holland, B. (2010). Balancing Student Learning Outcomes in the Workplace.. Higher Education Research and Developent, 29(2).