Dr Camilla Couch
BA(Sydney), GradCertTESOL(UTS), PhD(Sydney), GDipSecEd(TESOL)(UC)
Phone: +61 2 9351
Fax: +61 2 9351
Dr Couch is a vocational education researcher working on the Outreach programs in TAFENSW. She is currently coordinating a large multi-agency Commonwealth Innovation Fund project designed to provide new forms of learning, employment and community engagement for people who are homeless. The University of Sydney is research partner on the project.
Ultimo Outreach awarded the 2009 DEWRR Innovation Homelessness (3 yr) $1.5 million project: Partners in Learning and Community Enterprise (PLACE)
2005 Prime Minister Award Community Business Partnerships as a key member of the Millers Point Youth and Community Partnership
Sydney Institute Staff Equity Award 2004
Awarded ARC SPIRT Grant PhD Scholarship attached to Vocational Education and Equity Project at the Faculty of Education and social Work, University of Sydney - research team headed by Professor Raewyn Connell
Professional and community roles
Outreach Coordinator, TAFENSW
PLACE Steering Committee
PLACE Research Network
Waterloo Learning and Enterprise Group
Glebe Pathways Project Forum
Millers Point Youth and Community Partnership
South Sydney Interagency
City of Sydney Youth Interagency
Woolloomooloo Interagency and Service Providers (WISP)
Glebe Community Development Project
- Couch, C. (2006). Corporate Social Responsibility, Lend Lease and NSW TAFE Outreach. Australian TAFE Teacher, 32(2).
- Van den Broek, D. and Couch, C. (2007). Placing Community Partnerships: Mentoring in Millers Point. In Government and Community Conference: From Theory to Practice.
- Couch, C. (2003). Families and Senior Schooling. In The Learning Conference.
- Saltmarsh, D. and Couch, C. (2003). The implications for citizenship and inclusions in the new HSC. In The UNSW Australian Social Policy Conference. Sydney, July 2003.
- Saltmarsh, D. and Couch C. (2003). Educational Equality and the Implementation of the new HSC. In NSW Public Education Conference.