Phone: 9351 5281
Research project description
The purpose of the PhD research project is mainly to investigate what, in the perceptions of key stakeholder groups, constitutes an effective EFL reading program at English Departments in three universities in Malang, East Java Province, Indonesia. The three universities differ in terms of their student population, their cultural and religious backgrounds, and nature of the tertiary institutions and program. Hence, the researcher will also discuss the findings in relation to different cultural and academic backgrounds in those universities.
The research data will be a variety of the participants’ responses collected from questionnaire, focus group interview, individual interview, and documentation. With the assistance of qualitative descriptions and statistical procedures, the various perspectives on an effective reading program will then be analysed with regard to diversity in research participants’ backgrounds. This will help the researcher discuss how an effective EFL reading program could be implemented in Indonesian universities.
Postgraduate Research Student Scholarship, 2013
AusAid Australian Leadership Award, 2011-2015
AusAid LAPIS-ELTIS Training of Trainers Scholarship, 2007
The Best Graduate Award, Islamic University of Malang, 2006
AusAid Australian Development Scholarship, 2003-2005
MORA RI Graduate Scholarship, 2001-2003
The Best Undergraduate Award, Islamic University of Malang, 2000
|EFL Reading in Three Indonesian Universities: Perspectives of Key Stakeholders in Diverse Cultural Contexts||PhD||Associate Professor Ken Cruickshank|
|EFL Reading in Three Indonesian Universities: Perspectives of Key Stakeholders in Diverse Cultural Contexts||PhD||Associate Professor Lesley Harbon|
- Masduqi, H. (2001). General English: Basic Conversations. Malang: Krisna Press.
- Masduqi, H. (1997). How to Say It in English. Malang: EDSA FKIP UNISMA.
- Masduqi, H. (2011). Critical Thinking Skills and Meaning in English Language Teaching. TEFLIN Journal, 22(2), 185–200.
- Masduqi, H. (2006). Argument, Argumentation Analysis, and Argumentative Devices. Humanitas Journal, 2(1), 1–10.
- Masduqi, H. (2006). The Competency – Based Curriculum of English Subject for Senior High School in Indonesia: A Critical Evaluation. Humanitas Journal, 1(2), 56–68.
- Masduqi, H. . (2013). The Long and Winding Road of A Scholarship Hunter. In National English Seminar on International Scholarship Programs - East Meets West: Cultural Awareness of Scholarship Hunters. Islamic University of Malang, Indonesia, 21 December 2013.
- Masduqi, H. (2013). English Language Teaching in Indonesian Universities: What Makes for an Effective EFL Reading Program. In The 2013 TEFLIN International Conference. University of Indonesia, 27-29 August 2013.
- Masduqi, H. (2012). Pengaruh Globalisasi Terhadap Kebudayaan Nasional (The Influence of Globalization on National Culture). In The Indonesian Studies Guest Lecturer Series. Department of Indonesian Studies, The University of Sydney, 8 August 2012.
- Masduqi, H. (2012). The Teaching of Reading in Indonesian Universities: A Cross-Cultural Perspective. In Annual Higher Degree Research Student-Led Conference 2012. School of Education, The University of New South Wales, 9 November 2012.
- Masduqi, H. (2012). Addressing Cultural Issues in EFL Reading in Indonesia. In The Research Students Forum 2012. Faculty of Education and Social Work, The University of Sydney, 14 June 2012.