Phone: +61 2 9351
Fax: +61 2 9351
Michael Durrant is Director of the Brief Therapy Institute of Sydney, a Registered Psychologist & a trainer of supervisors for the NSW Psychologists Registration Board. Michael has conducted training on Solution-focused Brief Therapy extensively in Australia, New Zealand, Europe, South-east Asia and North America and has been a keynote speaker at a number of international conferences. He is the author of four books and numerous articles in professional journals, addressing the application of Strengths and Solution-focused ideas to a variety of contexts.
Professional and community roles
Director and Psychologist, Brief Therapy Institute of Sydney
- Durrant, M. (1995). Creative Strategies for School Problems. New York: W. W.Norton.
- Durrant, M. (1994). Australian and New Zealand Contributions to Family Therapy. Armidale, NSW: University of New England Press.
- Durrant, M. (1993). Residential Treatment: A cooperative Competency-Based Approach to Therapy and Program Design. New York: W. W.Norton.
- Durrant, M. and Whitel,l C. (Eds). (1990). Ideas for Therapy with Sexual Abuse. Adelaide, SA: Dulwich Centre Publications.
- Durrant, M. (2004). Foreword. In Furman, B. (Ed.), Kids' Skills - Playful and Practical Solution Finding with Children Bendigo, VIC: St Lukes Innovative Resources.
- Durrant, M. (1996). Foreword. In Scott, D. and O'Neil, D. (Eds.), Beyond Child Rescue: Developing Family Centred Practice Sydney: Allen & Unwin.
- Durrant, M. (1992). Single case studies as a form of qualitative research. American Family Therapy Association Journal, April.