BInfTech(SoftwareEng)(QUT), GCertInfTechSt(UQ), MTeach(Sydney), PGCertEd(TESOL)(ACU National), MLST(Sydney)
Phone: Please use e- mail
Learning sciences; psychology of education
- Learning technologies and new media
Research on teaching and learning
- Teacher education and professional learning
Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- English for academic purposes
Learning and teaching, educational design, teaching as design, higher education
2011 Australian Postgraduate Award (The University of Sydney)
2010 Foundations in Learning and Teaching Scholarship (Macquarie University)
2008 Excellence in the Integration of Information and Communications Technology Award (NSW Department of Education and Training)
2008 Information Technology Industry Teacher Program (Toshiba and NSW Department of Education and Training)
Professional and community roles
Australasian Society for Computers in Learning in Teriary Education (ascilite) - Member
Learning Spaces Collaboratory - Member
International Society of the Learning Sciences - Member
- Ertmer, P., Parisio, M. L., & Wardak, D. (in press). The practice of educational/instructional design.. In R. Luckin, P. Goodyear, B. Grabowski, S. Puntambeker, J. Underwood & N. Winters (Ed.), Handbook on Design in Educational Computing. New York: Routledge.
- Thompson, Kate., Ashe, David., Carvalho, Lucila., Goodyear, Peter., Kelly, Nick., & Parisio, Martin. (2013). Processing and Visualizing Data in Complex Learning Environments. American Behavioral Scientist. DOI:10.1177/0002764213479368
- Parisio, M. L. (2012). Enabling student autonomy: Learning spaces and emerging technologies. In Centre for Information Technology in Education (CITE) Research Symposium . Hong Kong, 15-16 June 2012.
- Parisio, M. L. (2011). Engaging students in learning through online discussion: A phenomenographic study. In G. Williams, N. Brown, M. Pittard, B. Cleland Changing Demands, Changing Directions. Proceedings ascilite Hobart 2011. (pp. 989–993). Hobart, 4-7 December 2011.
- Parisio, M. L. (2010). University teachers' conceptions of learning through online discussion: Preliminary findings. In C. H. Steel, M. J. Keppell, P. Gerbic & S. Housego Curriculum, technology & transformation for an unknown future. Proceedings ascilite Sydney 2010 (pp. 733–737). Sydney, 5 - 8 December 2010.
- Kennedy-Clark, S., Galstaun, V., Parisio, M. L., & Anderson, K. (2012). Learning by collaborative design and evaluation, International Conference of the Learning Sciences, Sydney.
- Parisio, M. L. (2010). University teachers' conceptions of learning through online discussion, The Sydney eScholarship Repository, Sydney Digital Theses.
- Parisio, M. L. (2010). University teachers' conceptions of learning through online discussion: Preliminary findings (Poster presentation), Centre for Research on Computer-supported Learning and Cognition: 2010 Research Fest.