Roslyn Giles AM
Honorary Senior Lecturer in social work
Director of Field Education
Phone: +61 2 9351 6888
Fax: +61 2 9351 3783
Social work and social policy
- Social work in health care
- Knowledge building in social work practice and education
After a long career in direct social work practice and social work service management I am now applying this rich experience to social work education and research.
Professional and community roles
Chair AASW Practice Standards Working Party
Member of Australian Social Work Review Panel
AASW Social Work program accreditor
Social Work Health Inequalities Network member
Member of Australian Social Work Code of Ethics Review working party
- Eportfolios and social work field education
- Client Outcomes tool in social work practice, a project with Hunter Area Health Service
- Giles R., Vertigan A. & Epstein I. . (2011). Clinical Data Mining in Allied Health. (1st ed.), Sydney: Sydney University Press.
- Giles R., Irwin J., Lynch D. & Waugh F. (2010). In the Field: From Learning to Practice. (1st ed.), Melbourne: Oxford University.
- Pockett, R, Giles, R. (2008). Critical Reflection: Generating theory from practice. The graduating social work student experience. Sydney: Darlington Press.
- Roslyn Giles. (2009). Developing a Health Equality Imagination: Hospital practice challenges for health social work practice. International Social Work, 52, 525–537.
- Roslyn Giles, Susan Gould, Chris Hart & Jennifer Swancot . (2007). Clinical Priorities: Strengthening Social Work Practice in Health. Australian Social Work, 60(2), 147–165.
- Giles R., Small A., Irwin J., Lynch D. & Waugh F. . (2009). Learning about Transformational Learning in Social Work Field Education: Mapping the Theory and Applying the process. In . Auckland NZ, November 2009.
- Giles R., Small A., Irwin J., Lynch D. & Waugh F. (2008). Innovative Pedagogical Strategies: Developing a Community of Learners in Field Education Practice. In . Durban Sth Africa, July 2008.