Honorary Professor Tony Vinson
Phone: 041203 5077
Fax: +61 2 9351 5027
My main research interests at present are identifying and measuring the signs of a well-functioning community; social memory and its impact on policy; the City of Goulburn in the second half of the 19th Century; measuring Australia's social progress; education and community wellbeing (based on Mildura). My principal community involvements are - the role of 'critical friend' to the Australian Social Inclusion Board; being an active patron of Mallee Family Care in Mildura; and research advisor to Jesuit Social Services in Victoria.
Tony Vinson is also Emeritus Professor in the School of Social Sciences and International Studies, University of New South Wales.
- 1971-1975 Foundation Director, NSW Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research.
- 1975-1979 Professor of Behavioural Science in Medicine, University of Newcastle.
- 1979-1981 Head, NSW Department of Corrections.
- 1981- 1995 Professor of Social Work and Dean, Faculty of Professional Studies, UNSW.
- 2001-2002 Chair, Independent Inquiry into NSW Public Education.
- 2008 Founding member, Australian Social Inclusion Board.