Dr Nigel Bruce Goodwin
BSc(IndArts)(UNSW), DipEd(UNSW), MEd(Sydney), MSc(Architecture)(UNSW), PhD(Sydney)
Lecturer in Technology Education
Phone: +61 2 9351 6248
Fax: +61 2 9351 2606
Nigel Goodwin undertook research in appropriate technology at the University of NSW with Dr. William Lawson before beginning a teaching career in industrial arts, science and computing in NSW secondary schools. This was followed by lecturing work at Sydney Institute of Education and then the University of Sydney. He is currently lecturing in design and technology curriculum and pedagogy; educational psychology in the undergraduate programs; and in teaching methods in the M.Teach program.
Nigel has acted as a loudspeaker design consultant for Cricket Enterprises (Lompoc, California) and served as an HSC examiner in engineering science. He has been a keynote speaker at national conferences including those run for the Teachers Guild of NSW, and has presented at national and international conference including ACET, the International Conference on Technology Education Research, Design Education Council of Australia, Technology Education Research Conference, and the World Conference on Computers in Education.
In administration Nigel coordinates the First Year mentoring program and the Master of Teaching Action Research Project.
- Goodwin, N. (2010). ICT Knowledge in the technology classroom-where to and why. In Middleton, H. Knowledge in Technology Education (Onepp. 144–152). Brisbane, Queensland, 8-11 December, 2010.
- Goodwin, N. (2010). On enhancements to ritualistic design process knowledge. In Middleton, H. Knowledge in Technology Education (Onepp. 136–143). Brisbane, Queensland, 8-11 December, 2010.
- Goodwin, N. (2008). The design processes of technology teacher education design teams. In Middleton H, Pavlova M Exploring technology education: Solutions to issues in a globalised world (Proceedings of the 5th Biennial International Conference on Technology Education Research) (Onepp. 169–176). Surfers Paradise, Australia, 27-29 Nov 2008.
- Goodwin, N. . (1997). Seeing in more than three dimensions: The role of context in design and design education. In Middleton, H. Desing education for the 21st century (Sixth National and First International Design in Education Conference) (pp. 14–14). Brisbane, Australia, 3-6 July, 1997.
- Goodwin, N. . (1996). Systems design, technology education, and the learning organisation. In Banks, M. Technology Education-into the classroom. ACET National Conference (pp. 107–122). Perth, WA, 8-12 January, 1996.
- Goodwin, N. (1995). Technology and science through the designer's eye. In Swinging with Foucalt's pendulum (NSW Teachers Guild). Trinity College, Sydney, 14 March, 1995.
- Goodwin, N. (1992). Collaborative hypertext and design-oriented problem solving. In Gero, J., & Maher, M.L. Conference on the impact of computers on design (pp. 203–220). Sydney, Australia, 15-17 November, 1992.
- Goodwin, N. . (1990). Expanding the bubble, navigating the void. In McDougall, A., Dowling, C Computers in Education, Proceedings of the IFIP TC 3 Fifth World Conference on Computers in Education-WCCE90. Sydney, Australia, 1990.
- Goodwin, N. (2006). IN-DESIGNER , Software.
- Goodwin, N. . (2006). Team designing in a cognitive apprenticeshi environment, University of Sydney .
- Goodwin, N. (1992). Collaborative hypertext: Multiple perspectives on design-oriented problem-solving, Surfers Paradise, Queensland.
- Goodwin, N. (1991). Noise exposure of teachers in Industrial Arts workshops, University of NSW.
- Goodwin, N. (1990). Computer-assisted instruction and courseware authoring tools, Adelaide, SA.